Welcome to ToTG!



August 24, 2010

No Goatee for Old Goats

For about a month, up until yesterday, I've been trying to grow a goatee. I've got, IMHO, a pretty fair mustache and have had one for most of my adult life, having shaved it off only a few times, then immediately started growing it back.

My 'stache is one thing; hair on the rest of my body is another story. Not to get too personal, but I only have about half a dozen hairs on my chest and none on my back (thank God for the latter). I've never been able to grow a beard, though, but as I've grown older the hair on my face has become a little bit thicker, so I thought I'd try to at least grow some on my chin.

As I said, I gave it a month but it just didn't look good....sparse, with far too much white and gray hair. (and as I grow older, I am getting a lot more hair IN my ears...it's white too, dammit) Looking at myself in the mirror yesterday, I lamented that I'll probably never be able to grow a beard, then it dawned on me just who I resembled with my silly-looking chin hair.

I didn't want to take a photo, because even as much as I like to self-deprecate to get a laugh, I didn't want people REALLY laughing at me. Instead, I did a Google search and found a near-perfect likeness:



As I gazed in the mirror, a voice in my head said:

"Ru rook redicurous."

3 comments:

Mike said...

To top things off, I tried to use my electric razor to shave off my chin hair. I sure should've taken a pair of scissors to it first because the hair immediately started to twist up in the razor.

Hurt like a SOB, too.

Travis Erwin said...

I have a rather large goat but sadly i got the back hair as well.

Mike said...

I like goats; there's several posts w/ photos in here.

Thanks for posting, Travis.