Welcome to ToTG!



September 27, 2013

Archetypes

Archetypes is an interesting new* concept in social networking.

An archetype, according to the website, “is a pattern of behavior. It explains who you are and how you engage with the world around you.” The archetypes listed on their website are Creative, Athlete, Rebel, Caregiver, Visionary, Queen/Executive, Spiritual, Fashionista, Advocate, and Intellectual.

Discover an entire universe tailored specifically to your unique blend of archetypes. You'll be able to find new things, make new friends, find old friends and share all the things you love.

From The Concept page: Once you know your archetypes, the world becomes much easier to navigate. Based on your archetypes, you can make more inspired choices about everything from relationships to excelling at work to choosing a piece of clothing. Through the prism of those archetypes, the world is clearer. You can live a truly empowered life knowing which doors you should walk through and which are best left unopened. Knowing your archetypes gives you the vocabulary to help you understand yourself and others better.

*I'm not for sure when the site came into being; if one of the archetypes was "procrastination", then that would fit me because the date on the saved URL was back in early February of this year and I just never got around to working up this post.  Here are my results from the quiz, but I bet if I took it again, it would be different - almost every quiz I take and then re-take is that way.



Archetypes

2 comments:

Barb said...

I was 42 % Advocate, 36% Caregiver and 22% Intellectual. Site very much still in Beta, Lots of links took me to a placeholder page and the horoscopes are still for August.

Mike said...

I forgot to mention you have to sign up, sorry. I was going to take the test again just to compare results, but I don't remember the password, didn't write it down and no longer use the password mgr. I did then. (darn thing would pop up any time there was a form on a page)

The large % of "intellectual" for me really can't be right. I'm surprised I wasn't more of other categories. I think sometimes I am...well, not "less than honest", but I answer these questions more as I want to see myself than how I actually am.