Welcome to ToTG!



September 20, 2016

How Rural Are You?

You Are Rural
 

You have a real yin for the quieter things in life, and as long as you're in nature, you never feel like you're missing out.

You are drawn toward a slower pace - one where you can hear yourself think and see tons of stars in the sky.

You have a depth that others seem to lack in these modern times. You connect deeply with people, nature, and ideas.


You don't get why people are always in such a rush. You believe that life needs to be lived mindfully in order to be appreciated. 


 
How Rural Are You?

I believe that's "yen" instead of "yin".  While "yen" is the currency of Japan, it also means "hunger". 

But yes, I do have a hunger to live in the country.  When I grew up miles from town, I couldn't wait to get out on my own and live in town.  It didn't take long for me to realize I wished I was back in the country.

3 comments:

sharintexas said...

I miss the country too Mike. The part of town where I live is not as busy as some others, but the street where I live is a very busy one. Even the side street goes to some apartments and condos and is always busy. After living in this house for almost 9 years you'd think I would get used to it, but I haven't. Brad lives about 5-6 miles out of town and it is much quieter at his house, but he only lives a mile or so from the highway so it's still somewhat loud there. There's nothing like really living out in the country like we both did for all those years. The older I get the more I miss it. The more I miss lots of things...

Mike said...

Even after living here for so many years, I still hear a car door slam and sometimes get up to see who it is.

This has always been a fairly busy street, quiet during the day, but busier in the mornings and evenings with people going to and coming home from work. It pretty much feeds the square mile or so of houses to the southeast part of town. The worst thing the city ever did was take the bumps and potholes out of the street; it's so smooth now it's like an invitation for idiots to speed, esp. from the "S" curve to the end of the street.

I started to say it was "boring" out on the old home place, but that really wasn't true. It wasn't as EXCITING as I wanted, but there was always something to do, either take a walk or mess with the various pets we had, go shooting or get into momma's vast collection of Readers Digest Condensed Novels.

I always think about what dad used to say when he'd see a car on our road: "They're either comin' to see us, or they got no damn bidness bein' out here."

Thanks for posting!

sharintexas said...

The street I live on connects to the loop around town so there is a lot of traffic coming and going. There are also 4 schools close by so twice a day there is so much traffic I can't even get out of my own driveway. I've sure learned to time my shopping trips. This busy street was the main reason I let Brad take Mother's cat Ted out to his house in the country. I don't think he would have lasted any time around here without getting run over. He has a lot of place to roam out at Brad's. "Uncle Ted" is getting pretty old now and doesn't travel as far as he once did. He likes coming in the house in the evenings where it's more comfortable. He has whooped up on all our dogs at one time or another. He's a good cat.