Welcome to ToTG!



February 3, 2017

Are You Smarter Than You Think?

Here are the criteria, according to this:

15 Signs You Might Be Smarter Than You Think

I'll go down the list and comment after each one.

#15. You’re thin.

Well, one strike against me already.  I'm certainly not fat, but not exactly thin, either.

#14. You drink alcohol regularly.

Nope.  I have alcohol in my house and during the hottest parts of summers, I sometimes buy a six pack or even 12, but most go to waste.  "Regularly"?  No.

#13. You’re a worrywart.

I wouldn't say that applies to me, either.  I only start worrying when things start looking bad.  Yep, I procrastinate even in my worrying.


#12. You’re messy.

Ding Ding Ding!  I finally matched up with one.  I think "messy" would be a little too kind to describe me;  I'm a slob.

#11. Being alone is just fine with you.

Oh yeah, probably because of #12.  Seriously, my mom used to tell me I preferred my own company and she was right.  I could be a hermit, as long as the cave was close to a grocery store and had high speed Internet.  

#10. You own a cat.

Never considered myself "owning" a cat, but rather that I was their servant.  I feed some outside kitties, so I'm gonna count this one as a "Yes".


#9. You’re tall, or left-handed.

Just what defines "tall"?  I'm not short.  I used to be just nearly 6 feet tall, but as I've grown older, I'm getting shorter, a natural thing from what I've read.  Maybe that means as you grow older and shorter, you also get dumber?

I'm not left-handed, either.  I'm sort of glad about that, after seeing the difficulties some of my left-handed friends encounter in a right-handed world.

#8. People think you’re funny.

I think they do, at least most people who know me do.  I like to make people laugh. I used to make my ex-wife laugh when I undressed in front of her. 

#7. Sex could wait until after high school.

Good grief, no.  I couldn't wait and dreamed about it from the first time I ever considered girls as sexual beings.  I seriously was afraid I'd die a virgin.   


#6. Suburbia is not for you.

Well, back on the right track with that one.  I would prefer living alone out in the country, isolated from city sounds and nearby neighbors.

#5. You’re the oldest child.

Nope, the youngest.

#4. You were breastfed.

I don't really know for sure.  It wasn't something I ever queried my mom about, but I doubt it.  

 
#3. Reading came easily.

Yes, I knew how to read before I started going to school, thanks to two older sisters who liked to play teacher.  I don't remember learning how to read, just that I knew how long before my peers did.

#2. People call you a night owl.

10-4 on that one.  I have worked a lot of nights in my life and it never bothered me.  I enjoy the quiet of the night.

#1. You’ve used recreational drugs.

Well, yeah, I have.  I hate to admit to it, and I often regret spending the money on them, but then again, I am glad I did them when I was younger and got it out of my system. I never shot anything up, though and my experience with anything other than pot is very limited.  I didn't care for most of it, for one thing and didn't like how it changed the people who DID use them to excess.

So, not sure if that quiz proved anything.  I honestly don't think I'm smarter than I think I am.  I think I'm exactly as smart as I think I am...and not sure if that makes me smart for thinking that.


No comments: