Welcome to ToTG!



January 5, 2019

Multiple Retaliation

If the spammers want me to verify my email address as active to multiple sources, then I'm going to retaliate in kind.

Just got this in my spam folder:

Security Alert!!


from:  5812324@438901.uu.net (THAT really looks legit, doesn't it?)

Here's a screenshot of the body of the email:


Clicking on the link or the blue "confirm" button renders a reply email to these addresses:

mail@wealthbrand.com
emails.us@doubleride.club
emails.us@justunion.info
emails.us@bigsizebrain.com
emails.us@sendtosky.com
emails.us@nopain.be

So, spambots...do your stuff and pick up on these addresses so the spammers will spam the spammers!

5 comments:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Mike, I don't understand spammers! Why don't they just get a real job?! Grrrrr.

Mike said...

I guess because it isn't actual work, Jean. They can spam a million email accounts and if only one bites on their scam, they have made money. If people reply to those emails, that verifies that it's a working addy and even that is worth money, so much per thousand verified addresses.

I find it funny how we used to get junk mail in our mailboxes and be annoyed. We'd still take the time to open them just in case and then fill our waste paper baskets with them. A lot of trouble ,yet we -at least ME - are more annoyed by spam in our email accounts, even though it just takes a click or two to get rid of them.

I'd rather not have to require someone have a Google acct. to post a comment but if I didn't, even this pitiful blog would be inundated by spam. I still get them, though.

I find it difficult to believe that we can't do *something* about the massive amt. of spam we get. I think it's just like telemarketing calls and spoofed numbers; the companies providing the services are making money, so....just let 'em be as long as they can profit by it.

Thanks for commenting!

Barb H. said...

Can I add my recent spammer too?

update@mailinfo.com
breakingnews@teusdaysarebackinshape.com
bblznbblz@geocities.com

Hope 2019 is a good year for you Mike.

Mike said...

Of course you can, Barb.

Sheesh, geocities? I read something about them just the other day; when they announced they were closing that service, archival places scrambled to download ea. and every user-created site. I think you can d/l the entire file at PirateBay - something like 600+GB!

Hope you and yours are doing well! Thanks for stopping by!

Barb H. said...

I'm going to try and stop by more often. C: