Welcome to ToTG!



November 10, 2007

I will never vote for a Baptist.

That's the title of a post in a political forum I pop in on from time-to-time. There has been some controversy over the Republican frontrunner, Mitt Romney. Romney is a Mormon, and I "guess" that this guy is angry that some in the forum aren't backing his guy but instead are backing Huckabee, an ordained minister.

(I will have to make sure that's correct. I "think" it's Huckabee; that sort of thing is one of the "lesser" things I think about when choosing a political candidate. It's important, but not as important as where he/she stands on the issues)

Here's the rest of his post:

I grew up as a Baptist. When I gained enough sense to see through their narrow minded concept of religion I left. I did not agree with their racist attitudes regarding those other than Baptists. I did not agree with their ideas of starting a new church whenever their thoughts disagreed with the prevailing ideas. I thought their list of things you can not do disagreed with the Bible.

It is very dangerous for a Baptist to even be running for president much less a Baptist preacher.

You guys know me; I couldn't help it.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Love ya Mike!

If that isn't the bigotest, narrowest minded post (his, of course, not yours, lol)