Welcome to ToTG!



April 23, 2012

We're Having a Gay Old Time!

Updated original post from April '06. The links to the "Love God's Way" website seem to be invalid, now, sorry.

This blog has been getting quite a few hits on the "A Rather Queer Email" post I made a week or so ago, coming in from Google searches (we're #2!! If you can't be Hertz, might as well be Avis!), most likely from their having received the same email as I did.

I was thinking about writing a post on Phelps, that despicable Kansas preacher and his "God Hates Fags" website. It's beyond comprehension how someone can call themself a Christian, yet be so full of hate.

(as I said, I find him despicable for that, but I have trouble controlling my own hatred of him when I hear of him and his congregation picketing the funerals of our fallen soldiers. I believe I couldn't turn the other cheek if he attempted to do it here. Just a warning in advance, Phelps, you sunuvabitch)

Looking for some information about his so-called "church", all the while wondering if I even want to subject my readers to something so horrible, I stumbled across what seems to be another domain he owns or is at least associated with his.

It was a page within the website, one that listed the "Bands to Watch Out For", that had me literally laughing out loud. It's a long, long list of gay bands (and sometimes with a comment in parenthesis) and includes Twisted Sister, The Grateful Dead (drugs too!), Marilyn Manson (dark gay), The Doors, Queen, Phish, The Butchies (lizbians) (Huh? "lizbians"???), The Killers, Judas Priest, The Village People (duh--oops, that's MY comment, sorry), Kansas, The Indigo Girls, Boy George (duh again!), Nirvana, Nickleback, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Wilson Phillips, Motorhead, DMX, kd lang (duh one more time) and quite a few more.

Elton John, apparently, is so gay he's listed twice.

Clay Aiken is listed, but that's not fair, because he adamantly denies it.

-snicker-

Britney Spears is listed because: (kissed Madonna) Madonna is listed, but nothing afterwards in parenthesis, because I reckon she's kissed everybody.

Ted Nugent is listed because...well, I'm not sure. He's been married twice and has fathered five children. "Cat Scratch Fever" seems to be about anything BUT gay sex. They also have (loincloth) after his name which puzzles me.

I guess that means Tarzan was gay, too. He WAS quite a swinger, come to think of it. He did seem to pay more attention to Cheetah than he did Jane. Always rollin' 'round with crocodiles, and spent a little too much time caressing elephant's trunks, too.

Frank Sinatra is on the list. Wow. I guess if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

Cole Porter is listed. It's not been proven he was gay, not that I know of, only innuendo. I guess the website thinks he gave himself away in his music with "Anything Goes", "What is This Thing Called Love?", "You've Got That Thing" and "Blow, Gabriel, Blow".

George Michael is listed, which comes as no big surprise. What DID come as a surprise was having (Texan) after his name. I guess Michael's accent is "Across-the-Pond East Texan".

There's another page, Safe Bands. More surprises there, mainly that Pat Boone and Amy Grant aren't listed. One surprise is that Cheap Trick is listed as safe. I like Cheap Trick, but never thought of them as "safe". Wonder what Phelps would think if I went up to him and said "I want you to want ME."

Not a long list on that page, though. Blondie is listed, but it's all right with the website that "she" (Debby Harry, lead singer) says anytime you're horny just to "Call Me".

The funniest listing was Cyndi Lauper. It's A-OK for girls who just wanna have fun, as long as it's not with other girls.

OR, by themselves. Again, that's OK because while the Bible mentions Onan, it says nothing about "she bopping".


I'm bumping this one up, because I just found the post again when searching for an unrelated one and wanted to update it. I found out something a few weeks after posting this and forgot to update it then: The gay/safe band posts were not made by a Phelps-type homophobic but rather by a gay guy who was using satire to poke fun at the "God Hates Fags" website and group. I'm pretty thick sometimes most of the time all of the time and didn't catch that. I guess I'm one of those idjits that needs a winking smiley to know when it's said in jest.

9 comments:

Mike said...

I read something just a few months ago that stated that only about half the Village People were gay.

Or maybe it was all of 'em bein' half-gay, just can't remember.

garazon said...

I'm absolutely speechless at the moment, while I had seen some of the news reports of the picketing at funerals by this group of... morons... I had never bothered to look further in regards to seeing if they had a website, and to be honest didn't even know there was a "God hates fags" website until this post. Well I'm not surprised, as there are hate groups of every persuasion around the net, I just never gave any of them the time of day or wanted to read the crap they serve up. Well i did have a look just now at the site you are likely speaking of, and you're right in my opinion to not give the site any promotion by posting a link. All I can say is that it is ALL just beyond my comprehension, from the picketing at funerals to the open hatred against gays and anyone who believes that God is Loving and forgiving. I really am at a loss for words after reading this spiteful headline on one of the "news" pages.. T h a n k - G o d - f o r - 4 - d e a d - b o y s c o u t s (spaces intentional to keep that vile statement from rendering any search results). I didnt see on any o fhte pages any way to post to his website, but I think its best not to anyway, Someone like him is ust wanting the attention it brings and I'll have nothing to do with giving him one more reason to spew his judgement and hate. Just amazes me people can think like this, just beyond comprehension as you said, that's all I can say, or will say, otherwise I would be spewing hate too. Think I'll go listen to the Indigo Girls some and calm my spirit :)

Mike said...

I am going to listen to some EJ later.

I try to not think of that azzwipe preacher, but he popped onto my computer after following some links that mentioned the ABC mail I posted about.

He and his ilk are just horrible, vile creatures.

I've quit going to my political forum, mostly because of many poster's hypocrisy. There have been dozens of religious threads and to read the bile they spew forth against any religion not their own is nothing I wish to be around...and then I see them bashing gays in those type threads.

One guy, on the same day he was preaching to the masses about how he is such a good Christian, posted in an off-topic thread and exclaimed "OMFG".

An old line of mine, but I told him that getting religious instruction from him was akin to getting drug counselling from a crackhead.

Lord knows (as do my friends) that I'm not perfect, and as I've said in other threads, I have prejudices but I want to be rid of them and distancing myself from such people is the first step.

I want to throw all the illegals out, but that doesn't mean I hate Mexicans. I despise hip-hop culture and rap music, but I don't hate black folks ... and even though I think much of the gay agenda is the wrong way to go about gaining acceptance in main-stream society, that's no reason to lump gays all into one category, namely as perverse human beings.

Thanks for posting, G.

Mike said...

I probably shouldn't have made the Clay Aiken joke, huh?

Alison said...

Oh I am so shocked this morning having gone to read more on this 'independant Baptist preacher' I really dont know where to start writng what my opinion is of him, Oh my BP has just risen for sure to a near dangerous level, seeing just the one report of him picketing funerals has got me thinking very unchristian feeling towards him, its stated in the bible not to judge others , but I do find it very hard putting that into practice when faced with someone like Phelps who to me could be the anti christ himself.
I checked out various lnks on Wikepedia and could have sat here all day just getting more and more upset but why to give him any more attention , he is definately insane, yes beyond comprehension is what it all is, Judgement day itself will be the one time Pastor Phelps will know what his works have reaped for him .

Mike said...

I didn't mean to upset you guys; I never wanted this blog to be anything but fun to visit.

Oh, I thought it might be OK to gripe about things such as T. Boone Pickens stealing all of our water, but I didn't want to offend my readers/my friends with controversies over religion or natl./world politics.

I guess I got so angy it worked me up before I could really think it through.

garazon said...

Always fun to come here Mike, and I wasnt offended by your post at all, offended by the ignorance that is obviously behind these lunatics, yes I am more than offended and you wouldnt be alone in those who wouldnt be able to turn the other cheek were he to try something like that around here with picekting a funeral, for a fallen soldier or ANYONE. Azzwipe's a fitting term ;)

Appreciate all your posts Mike, I'm sure somewhere down the line we may not have agreed on certain issues, (none that I can recall right now though) but we've always had respect for anothers opinions and never let that be a factor in anything. Love coming here and reading... and learning

Mike said...

I can't think of anything, either, G. Now and then in the past I've let my political feelings known; those have changed quite a bit since I've known you.

(not that *you* were the reason they've change, but mainly because I've educated myself more on politics via the 'net since then.)

If I had it to do all over again (my last few votes)...probably wouldn't. At the time I sure thought my vote was going to the correct person and party.

No, in 20-20 hindsight, I wouldn't have voted for either person.

There's not a nickle's worth of difference between either party; they both abuse their power and the public trust after they're elected.

I'd be willing to estimate there's not fifty honest men/women in Congress.

Less than 10% -sigh-

These groups show what's good and bad with America. Everyone is entitled to freedom of speech but *some* folks force the issue back into the courts because they care absolutely nothing about other's feelings. They seem to think their right to speak trumps a reasonable expectation of a person's right to privacy.

Carolea said...

Just read this. Oh I agree with You Mike. I'm a brought up Baptist. Stopped going there when they had a guest Preacher saying about how all these people were going to Hell. They were clapping, cheering and saying Amen. I left that church. Any one is is happy about others going to Hell ....... too polite to write what I think of them.