Welcome to ToTG!



March 27, 2016

The Empty Tomb

The empty tomb at The Cross of Our Lord, Groom, Texas.


My friends and regular readers of this blog know how much I enjoy going over to the huge cross at Groom and taking photos. These are a year or so old, but I don't think I've yet published the following photo in this blog.



If you've seen my other posts about the cross, you'll also know how I love the angel atop the empty tomb.

(My Angel has many of my favorite photos of her)


A closer, straight-on look at the stone that was rolled away.


Inside the tomb is this angel:



A "bump" for Easter Sunday

2 comments:

Alison said...

One day I hope Chester and I can come and visit Texas and see everything at Groom as I like those photos a lot , thanks for showing us them.

Mike said...

I need to get back over there and see if they've added any more statues to the Last Supper exhibit.

I think I've told this story before, but I went over there really early one morning to get some sunrise shots and went into the tomb. As you can see, the opening is not very tall and I have to stoop to get in.

The first thing one notices when entering is the silence, just like a cave. Interstate 40 is but a quarter mile away and the traffic noises instantly cease, plus all of the other noises and bird calls cannot be heard.

It wasn't as bright as normal -which isn't too much anyway- and my eyes had trouble adjusting to the dim light. I looked to my right where a couple of lights were out and saw something on a ledge that runs partly around the tomb.

All of a sudden, the "something" made a sound and rolled over! It was a hitchhiker who had decided to spend the night there!

I freaked out...could see the headlines "Visitor to cross found stabbed to death in tomb!" I turned and ran out of the cave, forgetting the overhang and darn near knocked myself out.

I've got another photo set due to post tonight or tomorrow, I think. I do some of these in advance.

Thanks for posting!