Welcome to ToTG!



December 16, 2009

Your boyfriend is also your uncle

That's the advice given from "Dr. Wallace" in a column at the Chicago Post-Tribune.

The title caught my attention (and I bet it did yours, too); it was in a Google Reader feed I have for any instance of Pampa in the news. Pampa wasn't mentioned in the first bit of advice (about the uncle) but rather the second letter to Dr. Wallace:

Dr. Wallace: I'm 18 and do a little drinking on the weekends with friends. I never get drunk, but I know that alcohol can alter your judgment. I need to know how long I should wait before driving after I've had two beers.
-- Nameless, Pampa, Texas

Nameless: According to the American Council on Science and Health, everyone should abstain from alcohol a minimum of five hours prior to operating a vehicle. Even the consumption of one beer or one glass of wine can affect a driver's judgment and coordination.

Since you're only 18, you shouldn't be drinking at all. The minimum age for consuming alcohol in all states and the District of Columbia is 21. Every time you have a beer, you break the law! Have you considered new friends?



What? And do away with one of the very few things there are for kids to do in this town?

No comments: