Welcome to ToTG!



September 20, 2010

Television Hell

I couldn't sleep last night, so I decided to watch some TV, find something on that wasn't TOO interesting as so to bore and lull me to sleep. Flipping through the channels, I couldn't find anything to suit the purpose; there were no replays of baseball games, the news upsets me, and, while infomercials certainly do bore me to tears, I find myself getting hungry watching people use "chop-o-matics", power juicers and especially mini-grills.

Flipping over to the TVLand channel in hopes of finding a M*A*S*H episode I've seen a hundred times before, I found an episode of The Nanny to watch. Now, normally, I would never watch that show - Fran Drescher's voice is akin to fingernails on a chalkboard - there was nothing else on, so I settled in to watch. The half hour went by excruciatingly slow and I was relieved when it was over, hoping that the next offering would be better...but no, there was another Nanny after that one.

Getting up to check the listings, I saw that it was one of many of the same series on, all in a row; it was a Nanny marathon!

It didn't take me long to figure out just how to best watch a Nanny episode; just turn off the sound and focus on Fran Drescher's legs.



Ever talk on the phone to someone you've never seen, then meet them in person and being amazed that the person's face doesn't match up to the voice? I'd like to know how those lovely legs can belong to someone with such a horrible voice.

No comments: