Welcome to ToTG!



January 20, 2012

Wow

It's been two weeks since I last posted anything. I don't think I've ever gone that long since I created this blog. There's been several reasons:

One, I haven't been enthused about it all that much. I've not been "bored" with it, but I run hot and cold on my interests.  I've always been that way - my dad was the same way and it might be that I'm a Gemini, who knows?

Two, my connection plays up all the time, but that should be fixed (again) this next week. I'm so impatient, I don't like waiting a minute or more to upload a photo.  I can't easily view YouTube vids, either, so that's why I haven't posted any of them. 

Three, Facebook has cut into my blogging time and that's probably the main reason I've not been posting here. I'm beginning to dislike Facebook - there's the security concerns, plus I don't like the new timeline layout that's about to be put in place. I like to keep up with friends and old school mates, but sometimes the sheer amt. of posts overwhelms me...and to be honest, I'm not that interested in reading about their grandkids or where they ate lunch. I'm also subscribed to far too many groups and it takes too much time to read through them all. I've got my reader subscriptions and they take long enough to sort through as it is.

Fourth, and last, I've been too engaged in politics, both in my reader and on Facebook.  I know who I'm voting for (Ron Paul) and there's no need to do any more reading about any other candidates.  I'm tired of trying to convince others why he's my candidate or to disabuse them of their misconceptions about him. 

So, it may take me a while to get rolling again, but I plan on doing a lot more to this pathetic excuse for a blog. (It's always been pathetic, but more so over the last few months.) To my regular readers- all three of you - I'm sorry I've been slacking off. I promise to make more of an effort...but not too much, because that just wouldn't be me. I'm a slacker, after all.

1 comment:

sharintexas said...

I always look forward to what you post here, Mike. I spend 12 hours a day 5 days a week staring at my work computer, so I'm pretty particular at what I look at on my own time. I don't always post, but I do check in on a regular basis. And I'll bet there are more than 3 people who enjoy what you offer here.
But, I also enjoy the stuff you post to Facebook, too. As long as I can keep up with what's going on with you one way or another, I'll be happy!