Welcome to ToTG!



June 3, 2012

Icehoused

It's really hot here today; after a few days of near-rain and cooler temps, it's back to the standard Panhandle summer heat.

I sure wanted something cold to drink earlier; I had finished off the single Diet DP in the fridge and was thirsty for something else.  I looked in the fridge, but the jug of cold water just didn't appeal to me.  That's when I spied the six-pack of Icehouse beer I had bought a month or two ago.  "Probably ain't any good." I thought to myself as I grabbed a bottle and opened it up.  I sniffed of it - smelled OK, then took a small sip, ready to spit it out if it tasted "skunky".

Nope, tasted darned good!

I'm on my third one and am starting to slosh a little bit. ("slosh" means to feel it)  It's got 5.5% alcohol weight by volume, a little more than regular beers. (Bud has 5%) It's certainly enough for me to feel it, though.  I've always been a fairly cheap drunk.

I checked other beer's alcohol content and while doing so, found out that "Icehoused" is a new urban term.  The "G" rating of this blog prohibits me from defining it or linking to the sites, but trust me, it basically means "drunk".

Won't be long, maybe with one more beer, that I'll start getting hungry.  I've always been that way.  I'll certainly need to not drink so much that I can't operate a can opener.  Funny how a can of pork 'n beans tastes so good sometimes.  If I drink much more than I have already, I'll have trouble sleeping.

Yeah, better close this post out or I'll be guilty of "PWI" - posting while intoxicated.  The good thing about getting drunk is that I get so much more clever and witty and oh-so-much more handsome.



Upsate...er..Uplate...uh...Update: I'm just about to go get the sixth one. I put it in my freezer so it will be very cold. I've knocked off five soldiers already, fixin' to put the last one to rest. I'm gettin' a hankerin' for those pork 'n beans.


No beans yet, but I want to dedicate the following tune to all the other drunk sods.
Thank goodness I'm already home.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Gotta love a happy drunk ( who is home and not behind the wheel)

Mike said...

I never did eat; lay down and don't even think I did much more than close my eyes when I was out for the count. Woke up at midnight, really hungry but still a bit too woozy to navigate to the kitchen. Woke up again a couple of hours ago and ate a sandwich. Not much of a hangover - I don't get those, not really. I'll prob. crash later today, though.

Haven't drank and drove in years and years. I'd rather get busted for just about anything else other than rape or murder, the penalties aren't as severe.

Got to thinking, that six pk. was prob. at least three months old. I bought another six pk. about a year ago and threw it away right before I bought this one. It will probably be another six months to a year before I drink again.

sharintexas said...

I drank one beer Saturday afternoon and it sure tasted good, too. I won't "let" myself drink more than one or two. I have to make sure I can put it down when I want. If I drink more than two I will usually polish off the entire 6-pack. I don't drink very often and I don't even remember the last drink I had outside of my house. Like you, Mike...I sure don't want to get caught drinking and driving. We don't live 25 miles out in the country if you know what I mean.

Alison said...

Well I enjoyed reading this post , and also the song once again took me back years, my nana ( grandmother ) didn't drink much ,but now and again at say Christmas or New Year she would have a sherry or a snowball, then jokingly in front of us kids start to sing the song in the video, that song stuck with me always, Chester was surprised just now I knew the words even before the guy in the vid. started singing them , he hadn't heard it before at all.

As for drinkning ,I dont drink excessively ,I love red wine, brandy and cokes as a long drink , and Ouzo mixed with 7-up , I definately agree drinking and driving kills and will not do it .

Thanks for the post Mike.

Mike said...

Oh, I bet he had, Alison, but not that version. It was in the scene in "Jaws" where they're comparing scars and getting drunk and singing, then the shark attacks the boat. I wanted to use that as the vid, but couldn't find a decent version on YouTube.

I just don't drink at all, dunno why I started last night other than a beer just sounded good. I really should have stopped after three, but....well, I just didn't. lol

Barb said...

Got my hubby a brewing kit for Christmas. It's been fun trying all the different ales, lagers etc. I am growing some hops this year so we can try them in some of his recipes too. Probably aren't saving any money on beer this way but it is fun!