Welcome to ToTG!



August 8, 2012

Excited Train Guy

This reminds me of a British guy that used to come into a friend's group chat room when I was involved in MSN Groups. The first time he entered the room, the friend PM'd me and warned me to not ask him about trains. I told her I liked trains too and she replied "Not like he does! Fair warning!"

A few days later it was just we two in the room and I made the mistake I was warned against making. "Heard you liked trains!" I was then treated to a rundown on every train he had seen in the last month. I finally had to beg off and tell him I had to go...I forget what it was I lied about, might have told him my house was on fire. I bet that guy sounded just like this one, only with a British accent. Anyway, this is funny.


7 comments:

Barb said...

oh lord, that was funny! He sounded like he was going to be "over come"

Mike said...

Do you remember that you were the one who warned me about that guy?

Barb said...

Vinny, right? I thought the story had a familiar ring to it. ;-)

Mike said...

I didn't remember his name, but if you ever noticed that when I popped into the chat, I would quickly excuse myself. I DO love trains, but that had to be the most excruciatingly boring thirty minutes I ever spent with someone, and I've sat through dry-as-dust sermons and long-winded political speeches that said absolutely nothing. I've watched paint dry and been more entertained.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

When I found this video I was reminded of a series of posts I was going to do about trains. A year or so ago I had set up my camera and took a short video of a train going past a nearby intersection, but I didn't transfer it to my external hard drive before my last computer bit the dust.

I was also going to put in a clip of the movie "Trainspotting", but some of the clips are def. not fit for a "G" rated audience. That was one of the most intense movies I've ever seen. I'd love to watch it again because it's been quite a while since I've seen it. Like the "Jerry Springer" clip I posted, I didn't understand much of the dialog and this time will turn on the closed captioning.

sharintexas said...

Oh to be THAT excited about anything in life! I'm jealous.