Welcome to ToTG!



November 8, 2013

1936 Chevy Master Deluxe



This is a beautiful car with an interesting history;  according to the listing on Streetside Classics, it was purchased new by a woman in California who drove it for 29 yrs., then donated it to a local museum where it was on display for another 20 yrs, protected from the elements and not racking up mileage.  In '86, the museum collection was liquidated and the car fully restored.

This is truly one of those "only driven by a little old lady" stories about the sales pitch given by used car dealers

I don't have a clue as to what the value is supposed to be, but the Streetside Classics DFW franchise has it listed for $19,995.  That seems more than reasonable for such a classic car.  Sure, it's no Shelby Mustang or Corvette, but this car would probably be a great investment at that price.

Now, off to check my Mega Millions number for the drawing earlier tonight. If I won it, I know what one of my first purchases will be...IF the car stays for sale that long, that is.  At that price, I doubt it will.

1 comment:

Carolea said...

that is a very pretty car.