Welcome to ToTG!



May 2, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

Mental Floss has a new petition they want to submit to General Mills, makers of that American icon, Wheaties cereal.

The website claims there are 10 Sports Heroes You Won’t Find on a Wheaties Box. Among the names are a few familiar ones: Willie Mosconi, Paul Newman's billiards coach in The Hustler, Phil Hill of Formula One Racing fame and John Harkes from soccer. The others include an American sumo wrestler, polo stars (regular and elephant) and for some reason, an American-born bull fighter.

I dunno why someone can't simply spring for $34.95 and get their own personalized Wheaties cereal box ?



Wheaties used to be among my favorite cold cereals, along with Total and Post Toasties. (notice a trend? A flake liking flakes) Even as "healthy" as those cereals are, they contain far too much sugar and carbs for me these days.

I remember the last "hero" Wheaties box I bought and saved for the longest time.

I had a crush on Mary Lou.

Tell ya who I'd really like to see on a Wheaties box: A sumo wrestler playing elephant polo with bull fighters being whacked into the goal.

With cue sticks.

No comments: