Welcome to ToTG!



July 11, 2012

Marquee Tag

The marquee tag works in Blogger.....
Works for scrolls too!



Also works with images!

Of course, it depends upon the browser, but I was pleased to see it works w/ Firefox.

Not that I could ever think of a reason to use it, but I always thought it was cool that a line or two of code, some simple tags, could manipulate text and images.

When I first got a computer, I sussed out email, then I figured out how to navigate, then found out I could search for something, mainly those "movin' pictures", animated GIFs. I thought those things fascinating. (as you can tell, I'm easily amused) I'll never forget the day that made me want to learn how to create a page; my friend Garazon made a simple little Halloween page and had embedded some music. I thought that was the coolest thing and decided I needed to know how to do that stuff, too.

Well, it's been nearly ten years since that first computer and by now you'd probably think I should be able to create some sort of deluxe website, but like everything else in my life, I just wanted to know the basics. I've done that with all sorts of things, from auto mechanics to juggling to playing the harmonica. I can do those things and many more, none very well, but I CAN do them.

I guess I was and always will be satisfied to be a "jack of all trades, master of none." I can live with that.

Note: This was first posted in July '09.

EDIT: I've noticed several hits on this post from a post in the mozillaZine forum. I'm glad no one took me to task for using the marquee tag; as I said, I don't really see the need for it, unless one wanted to create a headline of sorts, but it would depend upon the user's browser whether it would work or not.

And, as I said, I'm easily amused and love to see the doggy run across the screen. Magic!

1 comment:

Mike said...

After downloading the latest version of Firefox, it's now working again.