Welcome to ToTG!



July 11, 2012

In Russia

The weight loses you!

I follow a pretty cool website in my reader,  English Russia.  They post a lot of photos of ordinary people plus those of abandoned buildings & missile complexes, rusting military equipment, polluted areas, etc.  (It doesn't do much to allay the conception that life in Russia is bleak) Some of my favorite posts are of pretty girls and aspiring models, cheer leading teams and the like...IOW, women.

There's a place for comments after each post and as is almost always the case, there are some trolls trying to stir up trouble, with some saying the girls look like prostitutes and the regular Russian readers replying that all American women are hookers (or fat or stupid).  It's like a cold war of words. 

I don't comment there anymore, not since a year or so ago when I used another Gmail account as my address; before the day was out, it got hacked and I immediately changed my password and deleted everything out of my contact list and all mails I had saved. (I was warned because I have an alert that will email me in case of any suspicious activity.) I think I've commented once since then, but left a fake addy and name, something like "putin_sux@drunkrussians.com"   (Hey, if the cold war is firing up again, I want to shoot a round at 'em) If this had happened when I first got online, I would never have visited the site again, but I think I have my computer locked down pretty well and I haven't had any trouble since then.

This post just hit my reader:  Good Job, Tatiana! and it has a series of photos of a young woman from childhood all the way to now as a young woman.  She was a chubby little thing as a girl, then looked pretty good for about a year or so, but now she's *almost* painfully thin. (JMHO)

I'm not going to post a photo from the site because just today I found a site that had nabbed some of my Cast Away photos and passed them off as their own and I don't want to be a hypocrite by doing the same thing. (and besides, I'm leery of asking permission since the hacking job) If he had only asked, I probably would have given him permission to use them as long as he had credited this blog as the source.  I left a scathing reply and if he doesn't take them down or give me credit, I will contact his hosting service.  It's just the principle of the thing, y'know?

I bet he's got some Russian blood in him.
-----------------------
If you're wondering about the title "In Russia...the weight loses you" it's a tribute to that great Russian comic Yakov Smirnoff and his "Russian Reversal" jokes.

No comments: