Welcome to ToTG!



September 23, 2011

copacetic

copacetic \koh-puh-SET-ik\ adjective, verb;

1. Very satisfactory; fine.


I usually (try to) make some semi-funny comment on the words I choose for these posts, but I couldn't think of anything this time. The "funny" thing about this word is how it used to be used all the time. "How are ya doin'?" "Copacetic, man, copacetic." It was in vogue when I was in college and for a few years after. Maybe it fell out of use because things really weren't so copacetic.

2 comments:

Barb said...

my dyslexic brain always thinks Kaopectate when I see that word. And if you need Kaopectate then things definitely aren't copacetic.

Mike said...

Too funny, Barb! I remember a guy saying "Kaopectate" when asked just like my example. The other dude said "Don't you mean 'copacetic'?" "Nah." said the other guy. "Thing are pretty sh**y."

I have a mild case of dyslexia and sometimes read a word that's similarly spelled to another as the other. Makes f/ some double-takes.

Thanks f/ posting.