Welcome to ToTG!



January 3, 2014

Falling Behind Already

Wow, I've made only one post this year!

To be honest, I just haven't been enthused.  I missed playing the quiz yesterday, the first time in over a year I forgot to play. The fact is I have too much to keep up with online.  I have to sort through my email and reader subscriptions,  catch up on Facebook, check in at various forums I frequent not to mention do online business such as pay bills.  I used to enjoy it, but lately it's become a chore, simply because there's just so much to wade through.  If I miss a day, stuff piles up and it takes that much longer to sort through.

I was also a bit preoccupied yesterday, thinking about something I've been planning on doing for a while;  I got my cable bill and saw it had gone up yet again.  Every year at this time, after the Cowboys are eliminated from playoff contention, I think I'll do away with cable.  I can watch the games on bootleg sites, catch the shows I like on the station websites and I don't care about local news or the weather because I can read the news online or check the NWS radar.

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions, but I think I will. (fitting, considering my procrastinating ways, which I need to change.  Oh well, that can wait for next year's resolutions!)  I've done it before, but I think I'll cull at least a quarter of my reader subscriptions and perhaps the same percentage of email newsletters. (and try my best to resist signing up for new ones) I'm going to cut back on Facebook as well as my participating in various forums and message boards. 

I'm going to do all that, get rid of cable and maybe fill in most of that spare time gained with doing productive things...well, maybe not productive, but at least get back into things I used to really enjoy, such as reading.  I've got a huge stack of National Geographic and Texas Monthly magazines I haven't read and I bet I didn't go to the library more than a half-dozen times last year.  I also need to get out and take more photographs, I really miss that.

Yep, new year, new direction in life...at least my online life.  The year lasts 365 days; hope my resolutions last that long!

1 comment:

Carolea said...

Joey got rid of the box in his room and has gone to basic. We got rid of HBO and so on. Our internet and phone is one cable. A few times We have been the only ones with phone service and when Valerie was in Tampa differant area code and the "real" phone company charged for it. so We have cable phone. Can call anywhere in Florida, no extra charge.