Welcome to ToTG!



January 16, 2015

The Eyeball Test

I made my daily visit to StartSampling, a site I've been a member of since before I owned a computer. (I joined using a library computer) I get points that can be redeemed for prizes; points for visiting each day and for the month, rating recipes, solving puzzles and trivia plus participating in the daily poll. Today's was about eye color; here are the results:


My eyes are brown (please, no jokes about why that is, I've heard them all) but it was the "Other" results that puzzled me.

It made me go do a little bit of reading about it and Wikipedia mentioned those colors, plus red, violet and amber.  I learn something new every day.  Usually.

The gray eye results reminded me of a woman I used to date; a pretty brunette with the most striking blue eyes.  It wasn't until the next morning after our first night together that I saw her putting in contacts - her eyes weren't blue, but a cold, steely gray.  Now, I've seen women with gray eyes before and didn't think much of it other than it being a little unusual, but I came to find out this woman's eyes matched her soul - cold, steely and gray.

I once met a woman (introduced by mutual friends) and after talking to her for a few minutes, she turned away and asked "What color are my eyes?"  I knew what she was doing, that was from some movie or maybe a woman's magazine that said that would be a test of how much the man was paying attention to her face and not the rest of her body.

"Uh....blue, kinda." I replied.  "Wrong!" she said, her face still averted.  "Well, sort of a bluish-green, maybe." I answered. I continued on what I knew was a trap question and a way-wrong answer. "Maybe some brown flecks?"   "Wrong again!" she declared.  "They're hazel!" and turned back to me, widening her eyes to show me the color. 

Sheesh, I'm a guy and I'm not really an expert on colors anyway.  They still looked bluish-green with brown flecks to me. Kinda, I dunno.

I didn't try to pursue a relationship with her because I hadn't passed "the eyeball test".  That was OK, because I didn't really like what I had seen, anyway, not to mention her offending the rest of my senses.

2 comments:

sharintexas said...

Quick....what color are my eyes? You've known me all your life! LOL!!

Alison said...

This post got me looking at wiki to see about people with different colour eyes ,like one blue and one brown , long articles and a few different explanations , a woman I worked with had that feature and i kind of thought there was something different about her when i first met her ,but didnt realise what it was for ever so long , I guess like you Mike I didn't give it so much attention looking at her face at the begining just briefly ,don't even remember if i noticed alone or someone else told me , anyhow looking at wiki there was some real obvious ones on there ,i saw an Asian guy with a real striking contrast , it has always amazed me the different shades and types of eye colour, I have blue /grey blue , not sure ,seem to change with moods or age , or lack of sleep , but always wanted a green colour , maybe coloured lenses is the answer for a change anyhow .