Welcome to ToTG!



July 19, 2007

Internet Radio in Peril

Web radio faces its death knell

Small internet radio stations face being wiped out by a change in the way royalties are calculated. But stay tuned - the fight is far from over...

I was worried about this; I listen to my Yahoo Launchcast namely because it's great, esp. now that I'm on the fastest DSL offered in this area, but also because it was one of my options I chose when I signed up for this broadband plan.

(The Sounds of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel is playing as I type)

2 comments:

Barb said...

I love my yahoo launchcast too, both the radio and the video's are great fun. I cuold get free Rhapsody radio through my ISP but I enjoy building my list on yahoo.

Mike said...

I sat on my fat rear for a month and listened to them, and still enjoy the site a couple times/week. I was way up there in the "status" for the rankings, but think they stopped that.

I've already forgotten the figures, but the royalties were going to go up some huge percentage. From what I've read about this issue and others in the music industry, it wouldn't even be the artists who would receive most of this money, anyway.