Welcome to ToTG!



July 23, 2007

Sink Your Teeth Into This Huge Flower Post

A few weeks back I was getting some gasoline at the station right at the entrance to Wal-Mart and noticed some lovely flowers in the yard of of the dentist's office (Dr. Black, I presume) just across the street.

They were closed that day, or closed early, so I didn't get permission to tiptoe through the tulips (or even prowl thru the petunias, much less blunder thru the begonias, peruse the periwinkles....I could go on with this, y'know. On and on and on and on...)

It didn't stop me, though. I'm not afraid of the Carnation Cops.

I AM afraid of the dentist, but that's a whole 'nuther story.



I like this one; if you click the photo and view the largest size, you can see the green "bottle" fly on the flower. Those'll bite the pee-waddin' outta you.

The flies, not the flowers.





I like this one, not that I think it's "good" photography, but like the two flower friends, side-by-side.



This one would be me, a loner. I'm a bit more drab, however.



A particular favorite of mine, the triplets.




I haven't a clue what the names of these things are. If anyone will post their names, I will come back and edit.



I also like this one, the first flower amongst all the neighboring buds.



They're all lovely; I only wish I had taken better photos.

I'm TRYIN' to get better, honest.



I couldn't wait to get home and download these and many more to my computer, then I went in there and flossed.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Nice shots
Here's what I think most of them are.

Flower 1: Single Marigold aka Mexican Marigold
Flower 2: Not sure, woudld need some perspective on size and to see some foliage too.
Flower 3: Petunia
Flower 4: Violas ( Flower friends)
Flower 5: Osteospurnum ( maybe)
Flower 6: Spray Aster
Flower 7: More Violas (the triplets)
Flower 8 & 9: Hibiscus, aka Mallow
Flower 10: Petunia

Mike said...

Thankee kindly, Barb! I really knew what a couple of 'em were...I think.

Barb said...

Figured you knew some of 'em. =bg=

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.