Welcome to ToTG!



July 21, 2007

Bend it like Beckham Jesus?

I've been receiving the Animation Factory newsletter in my inbox almost since I first had a free Hotmail acct. I love their animations (the months of the day/date script at the top are AF graphics) Animation Factory also has an online .gif resizer/optimizer/text tools site called GifWorks, very handy, as well as a 3D Textmaker website, some others.

I like their animations so much that several years ago I bought a 4 disc special with a year's membership to the private section of their site, giving me access to all the newest anis.

The animations in the weekly ezine are the smallest size, sometimes barely useable, such as this recent one of Abraham Lincoln.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They've always had a very nice supply of religious animations; some were a bit strange, but there were graphics for most of the world's major religions.

Here's a recent one with Jesus teaching the children, very sweet:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm not for sure if I quite "get" this one, Jesus kicking a soccer ball:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Of course, Jesus wouldn't play American football, it's too violent. What really bothers me is that the animated Jesus figure in the graphic has a red slash on his uniform. I have doubts that Jesus would play footie for Arsenal. I think He would be wearing blue, playing for Chelsea...because "Blue is the Colour".

No comments: