Welcome to ToTG!



February 2, 2008

Look Out !

It's Groundhog Day!look

My pal Garazon and I both share a fondness for the "holiday". I am not for sure the origin of HIS like for the date, but I always thought it should be a celebration that spring isn't far off.

If the groundhog see his shadow, spring is postponed for six weeks. (I guess that's the way it goes; never for sure about that)

I guess we'll have six more weeks of bad weather because the sun was shining bright this morning. So, according to the legend we're assured of another month and a half of winter, but we almost always have six weeks of bad weather after the first of Feb.

I don't think there's any groundhogs around here, but there are a few prairie dog towns left, those that haven't been wiped out by the ranchers and/or the Bubonic Plague.

Anyway...here's to Garazon and his new love, Alison:
love

2 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks Mike ( :

Oh I hadn't heard of that particular Day before , well we surely havent got any groundhogs here in Sunny Cyprus , Spring is I think already here for us the forcast says its 17 degrees C but feels much warmer ..... well anyhow sorry its a late greeting to you but hope you had a Happy one yesterday ( :

garazon said...

Thanks Mike! :)

Well I seem to be slipping here the last couple of years of paying my tributes to the mighty groundhog! Well smitten by the Love of my life ( I feel I have Always loved her!) for one thing sort of puts hairy creatures out of my mind.. well everything else too! ;)
I think my fondness for the holiday comes mostly from my warped sense of humour to try and make fun of some of the things we do and celebrate here in the States. I also like underdogs (YEA NY GIANTS!) and the lowly groundhogs... well you never see them in a Christmas parade, or the Thanksgiving Day parades, and when was the last time you saw an entire section of Walmart devoted to Groundhig day decorations two months prior to February?! lol
I seem to have lost some of the pics I did that time. But I'm bound to have them somewhere and will run across them one day. I feel certain by this time next year though Alison and I will be having our first Groundhog Day together and she will bemuch more educated on this great American Holiday from then on! ;)
thanks Again Mike, I love the pic! ;)