Welcome to ToTG!



February 10, 2008

Archer



This is my pal's dog, Archer, named after the small town near Wichita Falls where my friend's son found him. (Archer City is the home town of Larry McMurtry, the author of Lonesome Dove, Hud, Terms of Endearment, The Last Picture Show (one of my all-time favorite movies and was filmed in Archer City) and McMurtry won an Oscar for his screenplay of Brokeback Mountain.

Archer will fetch a stick until you're tired of throwing it, and if he gets tired first, he will run off with it and rest a while, but you'd best not leave or he'll come out and drop the stick at your feet and bark until you start playing with him again.

The legs belong to my pal's wife.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I love dogs and he is a right hadsome mut, and yes they are so clever , mans best friend they say and its true...well in most cases Archer gets a 10/10 from me ( :

Mike said...

He's got enough cowdog in him to want to try to heel my friend's mustang but that's not a good idea because the horse is skittish and doesn't like anything behind him and he's apt to kick.