Welcome to ToTG!



February 2, 2016

Happy Garazon Day!

(A "bump" from 2009)

Well, it's actually Groundhog Day, but for the last 7-8 yrs. I always think of my online pal Garazon because he once said it was one of his favorite "holidays".

I've never really given the date much significance; around these parts there almost always are six more weeks of bad weather after the start of February...and we don't have groundhogs, either.

If you want to know more about the holiday, visit the official website of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club.

One of my favorite movies is Groundhog Day, the hilariously funny 1993 release starring Bill Murray. Here's the trailer:


If you've never seen it, it's certainly worth the price of a DVD/VHS rental. Shoot, it's probably in the .49 cent section!

Back to Garazon Day....

For several years, our buddy "G" was alone

look

But now he's got some company!

love

Just like St. Patrick's Day when everyone is Irish, today everyone is a groundhog!

Here's me

Photobucket

Just like me...always looking the wrong way!

3 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Mike, Happy Garazon Day.
Turn around, say Hi to your shadow~!

Two years ago, this day, I lamented the death of Punxatony Phil, here.

Oh, the tears that day....

garazon said...

I figured you'd have something posted today Mike! I've had it in the back of my mind to put something up, but I seem to have gotten even lazier about the websites lately for some reason ... ;)
Happy Garazon.. oops..Groundhog Day everybody!

Barb said...

I'm thinking a picture of Allison and G wearing cute little groundhog noses and ears is in order.
Now that would be a great way to celebrate Goundhog day!