Welcome to ToTG!



June 4, 2014

Can You Hold It?

Originally published May 27, 2009.

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." - Alfred Hitchcock

I saw that quote earlier and it reminded me of this post; I did a quick search and found it and this and several other posts came up in the results.  I hadn't realized there were so many "pee+movies" posts...just goes to show you the basic substance of this blog.

I checked the site and it looks like they've done away with their listings on their site, instead going to apps for phones and PC. 



I bet everyone has had this problem; you're at a movie you've been wanting to see for a long time and thanks to the tanker car-sized drink you bought to wash down your popcorn, you find yourself needing to go pee.

Before you go to the movie and then have to" go", go to the website RunPee.com. Find the movie you're going to go see and they'll tell you the best time in the movie to make your pee run, missing only those scenes that are not integral to the storyline. They'll be quite specific, giving you the time and a description of the scene that will be your cue to head for the potty.

A nifty feature of the site is how they won't reveal any "spoilers", instead scrambling the part you missed; click a button to reveal a short synopsis of the scenes that are going on while you'll be gone.

It's a new website, so not all movies are indexed, but they do have a decent listing of older movies...although, if you've rented the vid, you could just hit the "Pause" button, couldn't you?

3 comments:

Mike said...

I didn't really want to post this story on the main part of the post, so I'll do it here.

I was overjoyed when "Starship Troopers" was announced to have started filming. I had read the book as a very young man and had literally waited for 25 yrs. for the movie to come out.

I got off of work at nine one Saturday evening and hurried to the last showing at 9:15 only to be told they hadn't enough ticket sales to show the flick. Seems as though they had a policy of having at least ten people before they'd even crank up the projector. I did a quick survey and found out there were six others wanting to see it, so I told the mgr. that I'd purchase not only my ticket, but the other three. (that's how much I wanted to see the movie)

The mgr. laughed and decided my devotion was payment enough and said he'd go ahead and show the film.

It was about an hour into the show when I decided I couldn't hold it any longer...I had gone through the extra-large soda and now I was so uncomfortable it wasn't even funny.

The bad thing was the movie was at the huge battle scene, loads of action and special effects and I didn't want to miss any of it. It didn't take me long to figure out that there was another option I could take.

No, no, I didn't pee on the floor, but I DID use the huge cup I had drained. And no, I didn't leave it there after the movie was over, but took it to the bathroom and emptied it.

And once again, no, there wasn't a chance of anyone seeing me, there were only seven of us in the theater.

Still, it's the last movie I've gone to go see, preferring to rent them instead so I can go pee when I want to go pee. "Pee" for Pause, y'know?

Barb said...

Peeing in your cup, now that's a devoted Heinlein fan! Some films you just have to see on the big screen. =wink=

Mike said...

That film has a funny place in my list of best/worst films. It's one of my favorites because I loved the book so much, but it's also on my worst list because of how they strayed from the book.

I've got the DVD, but never watch it, but always catch parts of the movie when it's on the tube.

It might have not been the last movie I saw at the theater; I can't recall which one I did see last, either Troopers or Titanic, but I've not been back since.

I *might* go see the newest Harry Potter movie at the picture show, but am not for sure. It's not much fun going by myself and it's darned expensive.

I filled that cup up, BTW. It wasn't an easy chore getting it to the loo, esp. as how my warm urine was starting to melt the waxy coating inside the paper cup.