Welcome to ToTG!



June 20, 2014

My Coffee Style

You Are French Press Coffee

You are the type who savors the process of making coffee almost as much as the coffee itself.

You love the smell of coffee and the anticipation of your first cup every morning. You probably even enjoy grinding your own coffee beans for each cup.

You are a very calm person with a deep outlook on life. You get enjoyment out of everything.


You know how to observe and savor. Even the simplest pleasures mean a lot to you, and you don't take anything for granted. 


  


These results are spot on. About a yr. or so ago, I bought an inexpensive French Press on Amazon, along with a blade grinder and an assortment of whole bean coffees. The blade grinder was - as I have read - less than optimum for grinding the beans, but I fell in love with my new coffee maker.

It's really easy and fairly quick to make a few cups of coffee in the morning; I fill up my electric kettle with water and while it's heating, I measure out the coffee grinds into the press, adding a tiny pinch of salt. After the water comes to a boil, I pour some into my large insulated cup to warm it, then add the exact amount of water for the measure of coffee I'm using. I've found it's good to first pour a splash or two of water onto the grounds so they can "bloom", then finish pouring the rest of the water. I put the lid and plunger on the pot, then set a timer for four minutes.  When the alarm goes off, I slowly push the plunger down and my coffee is ready to drink.

Maybe it's not as fast as a drip coffee maker, but the coffee is much, much better. I used to get heartburn after drinking regular coffee and would sometimes have to dilute it with milk and add some sugar or sweetener, but not now. I've also started drinking Death Wish coffee, supposedly the strongest /highest caffeine coffee in the world.  I dunno 'bout that, but a couple of cups of it get me cranked up for the day.  I've made the mistake of drinking more and was up all night.  

No comments: