Welcome to ToTG!



June 29, 2014

I'm Havin' a Beer

Yep, I'm drinking a beer on this hot Sunday night in Texas.  Now, that might seem a strange pronouncement to anyone who doesn't know me or isn't part of my family, but it's a rare occurrence.   I so seldom drink, I can almost say I don't drink at all, but while I was at the store yesterday I passed by the beer/wine cooler and I thought "A beer would taste pretty good."  They didn't have any Icehouse *, my preferred beer, and I looked at a bunch of other brands, but knew Coors was the next most tolerable to me, so I bought a couple of cans.**

*The date on that post is June 3, 2012 and that was the last time I drank any beer, so it's been two years and nearly a month since I last drank.  I dunno 'bout you, but that qualifies as "seldom drink" to me.

**A couple of cans, but they're BIG cans, 24 oz., which is two regular cans in one.



To be honest, the first sip or two tasted really nice, but now I'm remembering why I don't drink much. It's already going to my head and since it's so warm tonight, the chill has already gone from the can. (The little bars that are supposed show the cold temperature and be blue have already turned back to silver.)

I guess I'll chug it on down while it's still cool.  Here's lookin' atcha! (crosseyed)

No comments: