Welcome to ToTG!



January 13, 2010

Amazon Email Socks It To Me

I just got this email from Amazon concerning some seller feedback I left after buying some diabetic socks. The mail wasn't really from Amazon, but forwarded from Arrowson, the company that makes the socks.

Here's what they said:

Dear Customer,

We are writing to you in regards to your recent feedback. We feel that we offered you a very good deal even with the "increased price" and we did not deserve a poor rating for that. Please note: we are working extremely hard to provide our loyal customers with top quality products, best possible price, fast and FREE shipping. We would certainly appreciate positive feedback but we were shocked that you left us a poor rating. We take our customers satisfaction very seriously and your feedback really hurt us. We would offer to submit a partial refund in hopes that you would consider this matter resolved.

Please let us know if a partial refund will work for you or we could also arrange for a return for a full refund. We will be waiting to hear from you.

Sincerely

Arrowson



Most of the time, I let stuff like this just slide like water off a duck's back, but the email annoyed me. Here's my response:

Wow, you guys are touchy. Let's review what I said, keeping the drama* out of it.

"I put these items in my cart, then came back a couple of days later to find the price had increased by quite a bit. Don't like that. Other than that, the socks were good."

So, I objected to the 33% price increase, that was it. Did you miss the part where I said "other than that, the socks were good."?

Just now I went back to the listing to find you've increased your price yet again. (10% + ) Is that still "a very good deal"? I don't think so, not so much. I have to pay nearly twice that much for diabetic socks at WalMart, but they're twice as good, so....

When I first placed the order, I got a notice that I needed a few more dollars on the order total to get free shipping. That's why I didn't place the order that day, deciding I'd find something else to bump the total up over the minimum required for free shipping. Since I am not privy to the deal you and Amazon have concerning the shipping of your products, I was not aware you paid for the postage.

*drama: That's from you saying I gave you a "poor" rating and being "shocked" because of it. 3 stars of five isn't poor, you know. You got one star taken off for the price gouging and another because the socks weren't quite as good as I hoped. As I said, they were good, but not as good as other diabetic socks I have purchased in the past.

What I don't understand is that my review was from an Amazon survey, not on your product page and only Amazon, you and I know what it said. If you like, I will leave a public review , but with this warning: I will give you TWO stars this time and post your whiny email for all to see and I won't be quite as "glowing" with my praise.

No, I don't want a return/refund because I've already worn most of the pairs. I don't even want a partial refund because, after all, it's a caveat emptor merchandising world, isn't it? I'll know better next time, that's all.

I'm so sorry I "really hurt" you. -snicker-

Sincerely,
(me)


A word of warning to everyone: Don't mess with me 'n my socks.

2 comments:

sharintexas said...

Lord only knows, I sure know not to get between you and your socks....all 500 pair of them!

Mike said...

I don't think I have 500 pairs of socks, sis.

I think it's more.

Seriously, I don't have all that many socks that I can wear; oh, it's probably a staggering number to any normal person, but not to me.

I really need to donate my old socks to the Salvation Army or Good Sams.