Welcome to ToTG!



December 5, 2011

Best Slam Ever!

There's a time for snark and there's a time to just not say anything if you can't say something positive.

An Amarillo news outlet's Facebook page posted a link to a horrifying article:


Lauren Scruggs, 23, landed at Aero Country Airport -- off Virginia Parkway -- about 9:30 p.m. after viewing North Texas Christmas lights from a small, private airplane.

The prop struck her upper body, according to her friend JaneƩ Harrell, resulting in a skull fracture, severe facial cuts and the amputation of her left hand, among other injuries.

There were several comments wishing the injured woman well, but as is far-too-often the case, there were some cruel and thoughtless posts, too. (One said "She's a blonde!") Someone wrote they couldn't understand how this could happen and I wrote:


One of the posters who had the poor taste to make a crude comment then made this reply to another person criticizing her for her comment, then someone else replied to her with the best slam I've read on the 'net in a long, long time.



Yep, that described her to a "Tango".

2 comments:

Barb said...

yup, best slam ever! And if Cara replied to that slam then she really is a Tango.

Mike said...

Oh, she did, Barb. She said she had blocked the person - who I think was female, but they thought the person was male - and said the person was just trying to bring attention to themselves. I didn't see it that way.

I know women don't like that word, I don't blame 'em. I get offended when I see women call men d*cks...but sometimes they ARE one...same with women being that.

It was such a horrific story. You know me, I poke fun at all sorts of things, but this was one no one should have found funny. It certainly wasn't one of those Darwin Awards things, where people die from something incredibly stupid they've done. This was a tragic mistake. To criticize the poor woman for it just goes beyond the pale.