Welcome to ToTG!



April 14, 2013

Dear Dave

I was cleaning out my Gmail spam folder just now and found this:


Dave Dawes david007@hotmail.com

Good day,

I am Dave Dawes, My wife and I won the biggest Euro Millions lottery prize and we just commenced our Charity Donation and we will be giving out a cash donation to five(5)lucky individuals and ten(10)charity organisations from any part of the world. To verify the genuineness of this email and our winnings, please see our interview by visiting the web page below;

>Link<

Your email address was submitted to my wife and I by the Google Management Team and you received this email because we have listed you as one of the lucky millionaires, To file your claim, Kindly send us the following details Name: () Age: ()Contact address: ()Telephone: ()Occupation: () Present Country: ()

Congratulations & Happy Celebrations in Advance,

Dave & Angela Dawes
Email: daveandangeladawes65@yahoo.com.hk



Gee, thanks for thinking of me, "Dave".  I'd be delighted if you shared your new-found wealth with me, but I'm a little concerned about a few things:  The first one is that I see that's a valid story and "you" are giving away part of your £101m jackpot, but the story is dated over two and a half years ago.  Surely you're not having problems giving the money away? Why would the "Google Management Team" want ME to have any of your money? I don't know any of them and I'm sure they don't know me; I'm just one in many, many millions of Gmail users.

Also, why is it the mail supposedly comes from a Hotmail address and in your closing, you give a Yahoo one?   Looking at the source of the email, I see it originates from a mail.astrobl.ru domain.  If you live in the UK, then why is the mail coming from Russia?  There's also a "spf=softfail" in the source and a quick bit of research tells me that means the mail is coming from somewhere other than the stated email address.  It's spoofed, in other words.

So, "Dave", I'm thinkin' your name is closer to "Dmitry" than it is "Dave.  Whatever it is, you're a rotten thievin' Ruskie.  I hope the authorities catch you, try and convict you and send you to Siberia for ten years at hard labor and hopefully you'll get frostbite on your private parts. 

Then you can change your name to Dave Rotchacockoff.

2 comments:

sharintexas said...

Darn the luck! I was hoping you would share some of your winnings with me. You just aren't gullible enough, Mike!

Mike said...

It's sorta like my experiences with women, sis. I've been burned from enough relationships that I've pretty quickly learned which way they're going. I've been lied to so many times that I can sniff out the BS'ers right from the git-go. After being fooled by some of the stupidest stuff on the 'net when I first got online, I think I'm anything but gullible now.