Welcome to ToTG!



April 11, 2013

Vote For Bush!

I was reading an article about George and Laura Bush's daughter Jenna having a baby shower thrown for her by her TV co-workers, then noticed a "Which Bush is your favorite?" poll on the side, so I voted.  I know OF Billy Bush and the band Bush, but can't claim to have listened to the show of the former and couldn't name a tune by the latter.  Of course, I know about the two presidents Bush and knew about Jenna and her fraternal twin sister Barbara from the news stories* that came out when their father first became President.  

I thought about the vote for a little bit, then went ahead and clicked on George W. Bush, what the heck.  I voted for him twice before, why not three times?  According to half of America, I'm responsible for the country's ills because I did vote for him the first two times. 

*I remember a story about the Bush twins getting arrested twice for minor in possession (of alcohol) within a few weeks and not long after that, Jenna getting busted for trying to use a fake I.D. as so to buy alcohol. I remember making a joke at the time that the U.S. could probably reduce the deficit just by selling the twin's empties.

3 comments:

Carolea said...

I think many young kids do that drink before of age. Hard for them to grow up with every move they make watched.

Mike said...

I got drunk for the first time when I was 14, guess it was. I puked all I had drank, then puked up part of my stomach and about three feet of intestines and part of my gall bladder. I didn't drink again until I went off to college and never really enjoyed it except for the social aspect of it, wanting to do the same things my friends did. I still don't drink much. I had a beer a couple of months ago.

Can't remember her name at the moment, but Reagan's daughter said she used to smoke pot in the White House. I can only imagine how hard it would be to be under such scrutiny all the time. I know that after those incidents early in Bush's first term, the girls behaved. I read that their grandmother Barbara got all over their butts about it.

sharintexas said...

Let's don't talk about you getting drunk at 14, little brother.