Welcome to ToTG!



May 6, 2013

Another AT&T Rant

Went to my AT&T page to check the status of a recent order. They were supposed to be sending me another modem, but I got an email announcing they were sending out a repairman. I want the modem but don't want the repair call. They've been out here before, no need to come back and pretend there's something wrong w/ my connection when all the problems stem from their DNS servers.

After waiting ten minutes for the page to load, I finally get this error message:

'Bout time they owned up to their problems.  After their outage back in Jan/Feb, they finally admitted the problem. The outage started a couple days after I signed up for the service and the online help techs were swamped and when I finally got through I was instructed to power the modem on/off, reset it to the original settings, yada yada yada.  I had already tried all those things or I wouldn't have put myself through the frustration of calling technical support. I estimate that, with wait time and listening to instructions that I had already done, they wasted five/six hours of my time.  If they had only admitted the problem was on their end, I wouldn't have become so angry. 

Guess I'll call them tomorrow to cancel the repair visit.  I've had pretty good luck all weekend w/ my connection;  it was only down for a few times late last night and has been up all day today, but it's getting close to time for it to go out again, regular as clockwork.   The last tech I spoke to told me that was prob. because of interference from street lights.  Good grief, the lights have been on for hours before I start having problems.  I'm really tired of their runarounds.

No comments: