Welcome to ToTG!



May 17, 2013

motza



motza mot·ser

noun Australian Slang

a large amount of money, especially a sum won in gambling.



Since I've been online, I've learned a lot of slang from my friends in other countries, but I've never seen/heard this one used.

Whatever the opposite word and meaning is, that'd be the word I'd have to use. I am not a bad poker player, but not a good one, either, mostly breaking even. I never had much luck at all betting on football games. (I once lost an entire paycheck betting on the Cowboys) I used to like to play scratch tickets, but winning tickets are few and far between - my average is less than the stated odds on the back of the tickets.  I seldom even win a flip of a coin.

The Mega Millions lottery is tonight ($190 million) and the Powerball ($550 million) tomorrow. Here's hoping I have motza after either one. If I do, I might just take a trip to Australia so I can use it and have people understand what I mean.

No comments: