Welcome to ToTG!



July 17, 2013

Baby Please Don't Go - Them

I was just listening to Powerage, an online radio station in Paris that plays nothing else but AC/DC and this song came on. I had forgotten AC/DC covered it, but I remembered other groups and musicians who had. (more information after the video)


From Wikipedia: "Baby, Please Don't Go" is a classic blues song which has been called "one of the most played, arranged, and rearranged pieces in blues history". It has become a blues and rock standard and has been recorded by a variety of artists.

After reading the Wiki article, I discovered that this version by Them was on the "B" side of a single they had released in 1964.  The "A" side tune?  Gloria, one of the first songs I learned to play on the guitar. (thanks to the first garage band I was ever around) From the Wiki entry for the song: Humourist Dave Barry joked that "You can throw a guitar off a cliff, and as it bounces off rocks on the way down, it will, all by itself, play Gloria."

No comments: