Welcome to ToTG!



December 1, 2018

Tomato Soup Typo

I've got a lot of these saved up but had forgotten about them;  I was thinking that they'd make a great "Recipe Typos" label/category.

This one is from today (which is why I remembered the others I have been taking screen shots of) from the LuckySamples website, one of their daily recipe offerings. (click pic f/ larger size)


At first, I thought "What are 'candiced' stewed tomatoes?  Are they from some region in Italy called "Candice"?" I then wondered if it was a typo for "candied tomatoes"?  Ugh.

Then it dawned on me there was a space missing between "can" and "diced".  Duh.  My thick-headed thinking is funnier than the actual typo. 

Not to me, but probably is to you.

1 comment:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Mike, I see typos all the time, too. Sometimes it's more than a typo, but something that indicates to me that the person never actually made the recipe. I like your thought process on this - "candiced?!"