Welcome to ToTG!



June 30, 2007

Particularly Proud Paste Project

I'm a little chuffed (one of those British words for proud and equally alliterative if need be) of my Date/Images thing I put in at the top.

That's a script from The Javascript Source; they also supply the images in a handy zip file. (looks like they have some coding problems, I get the "red x" right now) The images were created by Animation Factory, but I didn't have to use the Javascript Source images because I have several discs of graphics from them I purchased several years ago. It would be easy enough (for talented graphics folks) to create your own graphics, and even having them non-animated, much smaller file sizes, but these aren't so big, something like 10-15kb, I think.

I took some screenshots of the procedure (darn, I should've worked that into the title of this post!) and it's really a simple thing to create. If anyone's interested, I will do a simple tut. (simple by necessity and genetics, not by choice) I uploaded the images to my Photobucket acct. and then altered the image source code in the script to reflect the change of URL. The javascript seems to work just fine and I've not seen any of the dreaded "red X's".

Tomorrow brings a new month, so we'll see if it still works. Might be some kinda mid-summer Y2K thing and crash everyone's 'puter.

The script isn't "simple", but it's basic copy and paste. I love Notepad, a simple app for a simple mind. (I'm not so great at Tic-Tac-Toe)

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm testing the sign in process.