Welcome to ToTG!



September 1, 2007

Codman Lane


Codman Lane, very near where I grew up.

My big sister used to go parking down this road with her future husband.

Great bird hunting down this road; it leads to Red Deer Creek and the remnants of an old ghost town, Codman.

It also marked EXACTLY a quarter mile from our turn-in/cattle guard--I had my own measured drag strip I'd run almost every day on the way to school.

There must be some production down there now, or perhaps a house because those are new utility poles and lines.

3 comments:

sharintexas said...

Did I tell you Curtis and I used to go parking there on the weekends after we went to the movies or did you just guess? Did you know any of the other places? Those were the good old days (Kinda sorta)

Mike said...

I probably snuck up on you on my mini-bike, coasting the last quarter mile. You wouldn't have heard me; there was either Johnny Cash, Roger Miller or Neil Diamond on the eight-track, plus ya'll were too busy to notice me peering in the window.

I don't remember where I discovered that fact, but I've known it for years and years and years.

I used to go out parking on that little island where the pumpjack was right in the middle of that playa lake to the right/west.

It always gave the girls a third option: put out, get out and walk or get out and swim. If they refused, I'd kick the door handles off. -wink-

I had a good friend who used to go parking out at the "chicken ranch" on the way to Pampa, remember that? Forget that old man's name, he was crippled up, but was a cool ol' coot.

Hyzer said...

Yall gotta stop...I know im a grown man with kids of my own but cripes......thre are things I just dont need to know about my MOTHER and UNCLE! (grin)