Welcome to ToTG!



September 19, 2007

Your Vote DOES Count!

I've pretty much voted Republican since I became of voting age and when I didn't like the candidate that particular party put forth, I would either leave that selection blank or vote Libertarian. I have voted for a Dem. representative a few years back, an incumbent that was doing a decent job. I also used to vote for a few local offices held by "Democrats"; they usually ran unopposed. (it's a small town)

It was the election of '92 and while I had voted for Bush (sr) in '88, his "Read my lips..." fiasco made me turn away from him on his re-election. I was also disappointed he (Bush) kept Dan Quayle as his V.P. I didn't want to vote for Clinton because his sexual escapades were beginning to come to light. (I was just jealous.....just kidding.) Even though Perot was a Texan, I didn't think much of his candidacy and his reliance on charts and graphs to "prove" his points. (Shades of Al Gore!) I also didn't like his accent. -grin-

So, I cast my ballot for the Libertarian candidate, even though I knew nothing about him. (I like the Libertarian party's platform, but I'm not convinced it is realistic) I vote Libertarian a LOT for the state races, especially against an incumbent. I simply don't like someone staying in office too long.

I vote in Precinct 10, and when the results were published in the newspaper, I could see my vote REALLY counted, it was out there in black and white for all to see!


No comments: