Welcome to ToTG!



August 19, 2008

A Cool Jukebox

Ever visited a MySpace site? Many are full of flashing, glittery "sticky content" that could be an epileptic's nightmare. (come to think about it, that could describe this blog)

I'll admit I have one, but never have done anything with it. Due to all the hosted content and huge backgrounds, they sometimes take forever to load, then all of a sudden you're blasted by music you weren't expecting.

Most of those "jukeboxes" come from MyPlaylist, a site that indexes and links to music files around the 'net. The site is two years old, and hasn't been shut down yet, so....

I signed up for an account and started a playlist with some of my favorite tunes. Some of the links I searched through are invalid (and I'm sure a lot of that's from the webmasters being annoyed that their files are being directly linked) but I managed to create a small playlist.

I'm not sure that "Du Hast" belongs right next to Enya's "Only Time" though. That's how my musical tastes are, all over the map. (I guess that would describe my political leanings, too)




3 comments:

Mike said...

What was REALLY cool is that, after listening to the tunes, I could dig out the music files from my TIF folder!!!

Hooray! I finally got the version of "It's a Long Way to the Top" I wanted.

garazon said...

hey that is pretty cool! Well i am familiar with myspace, having a page there too, cant remmebr the url right off, but my screenname is the same, garazon ;) But in all honesty i hate using it or even to go there really. Most of the pages are so full of junk and bloat and I despise loading a page where the music is blaring automatically like most of them do. I wouldn't be there at all except for my kids using it, and keeping up with them and my nieces too. they do have some nice things like this player that I could probably incorporate in the sidebar somewhere, but just havent bothered to mess with it yet. I didnt realise that the files were in the temp folder though with these things ;) thanks for the heads up!

And if that messgae was from you yesterday on that old forum, you were right, the forum was hacked.. and they changed the index files on my site, but its sorted now, my fault for not keeping up with all the junk I have, and it was outdated software. Just glad nothing was really lost as I have a complete backup of everything now :)had a few files to correct and replace the original index file and all is well again. the forum is deleted though, so you can take away any bookmarls to it, I did save the posts and am ptting them on the blog instead, having to add the vcomments one at a time though :( but at least I have them!

Mike said...

Yep, G, the files will be named something like 986554.mp3, but I also set the folder options to "Last Accessed" to nab them.

I couldn't find but one album on Amazon with that song on it, and it was from a fifty buck compilation of their greatest hits. I already own a couple of their albums that already have most of the tunes on them.

Drawing a blank on the name, but the lead singer of AC/DC refuses to perform that song in honor of Bon Scott.

(went and looked it up, didn't wanna be lazy: Brian Johnson. Odd thing about Johnson, he was in a group called "Geordie")

After I posted this, I went and found about fifty more songs to put on it, and can think of plenty more to fill out the hundred limit.

Limited to 100, but they encourage creating multiple playlists.

Yes, that was me visiting the site. I found the link to the old forum and knew you'd get the message, although I suppose I should have just emailed you, wasn't thinking. Like I said, I was freaking out thinking that somehow it could've been my fault.