Welcome to ToTG!



March 15, 2015

Go All the Way - The Raspberries

Note:  saw the original video (posted here on 11/5/08) had been taken down, so I'm putting this one in its place. 

This was a fairly controversial tune when it was released. From WikiBecause of its sexually suggestive lyrics, considered risqué for the day, the song was banned by the BBC. (as well as by some radio stations in the U.S., as I recall) The repeat of the words "come on", in the bridge or middle section, is loosely based on the "come on"s that The Beatles did in "Please Please Me" (another sexually suggestive song).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showin' us some love!

Al Kaston
Manager
RASPBERRIES

Barb said...

Reminds me of very highschool dance I went to in the early 70's! Good share Mike.

Mike said...

I noticed the reply and started to leave something like "Thanks, anon. It's the least I could do for illegally d/l your tunes."

but didn't

-grin-

The poster came in directly, and there weren't nearly enough hits to show up in the YouTube stats. Google indexes this blog nearly every day because sometimes I put up a vid and get a hit on it from Google within the hour. The blog isn't ranked very high though, but comes in near the top on these vids and some weird subjects I have posted. lol

They remind me of h.s., my sr. yr. I had 'em on an eight-track.