Welcome to ToTG!



March 1, 2015

Same Time Next Year

No, not the movie, but next year's February will fall in a Leap Year and will have 29 days.  So, today next year will be what is March 1st this year and last year (this year) it wasn't even there!

I've known two people who were born on the extra day in Leap Year; one was a daughter of a girlfriend who was nine at the time (the daughter, not my g/f, for cryin' out loud!) but would tell people she was only two.  I know she meant to be cute and I'm sure her mother thought so as well, but it made people think she was a little less than average intelligence...until she explained.  The "joke" got old with me, but I guess she felt as though it made her unique.  I dunno;  I was born the same day as JFK and I never dated anyone as hot as Marilyn Monroe, so.... 

The other person was an old man, the grandfather of a classmate;  he lived into his 90's and I remember his family throwing him a "30th" birthday party.  I guess they saved on candles, though.

No comments: