Welcome to ToTG!



April 12, 2010

Car Record Players From Yesteryear

From: I have seen the whole of the internet



Just a few weeks ago I was talking with a guy I had grown up with and we were remembering the old eight-track tape players we had in our vehicles; I told him about a guy who had a record player in his car and my friend said there had been no such thing. (I mentioned them in another post, but hadn't put in any photos.) I will need to print out these photos and show him!

Surprisingly, the player worked fairly well, but sometimes did skip when driving over a bump or into a pothole. The guy also had a nice case for his records, so storage wasn't too much of a problem (except the case took up quite a bit of room). The only problem I saw with his system was that the recordings were almost all C&W and I was more of a rock music fan then. (and still am)

See more of the record players at I have seen the whole of the internet.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to promote the blog; it's one of my favorites and I have it as a subscription in my Google Reader and look forward to the posts. I've recently culled quite a few feeds, but could not bring myself to delete this one from the list.

3 comments:

Joanne Casey said...

Thanks for the link, really sweet comment :-)

Mike said...

Well, I DO like your blog. As I said, I used to subscribe to a multitude of sites, but found I was spending far too much time wading through the feeds (looking for pearls).

I deleted many because of their political posts and others because of the inane comments.

Thanks for commenting, and thanks for such a cool blog.

Joanne Casey said...

I know how you mean, if you don't narrow it down, it takes up all your time. Nice blog, yourself!