Welcome to ToTG!



May 22, 2011

Knot in MY Country!

Another LMAO post from the Amarillo Globe-News Facebook page. The thread was about the "meat" trial in Amarillo a few years back.  Oprah was accused of slandering the meat industry and a local rancher sued her.  Oprah broadcast her show from Amarillo for several weeks;  one of the segments on the first show was about Texas "big hair" and I later met and dated one of the women interviewed.  Oprah eventually won the lawsuit.

The woman and I had a passionate fling (the one with big hair, not Oprah), then it ended on a sour note. (I could say the same thing about nearly every one of my relationships) It was just as well...I'm allergic to hairspray.

On the thread, some are bashing Oprah while others are coming to her defense.  I didn't state my opinion - I don't like her, but my dislike isn't enough to take the time or make the effort to announce to the Facebook world that I don't care for her or her show.  One functional illiterate had this to say:


I know it was a typo, but it was still funny as hell.

No comments: