Welcome to ToTG!



May 9, 2011

Picked One - But I'm Not Picky



Your Hatred of Tofu Says You're Old-Fashioned









You are conventional and traditional. You don't feel a need to change what works.

You are always ready to take a leap of faith. If something doesn't work, you will change!

You dance through life, even when there isn't any music playing. You spice things up.

You are good at getting people to let loose. You are the fun one in your group.

I had to pick one,so I chose tofu. I'm not a huge fan of the soybean product, but I will eat it. In fact, it's not bad in Chinese dishes, especially stir-fried w/ some slices of beef or chicken. It's not horrible on its own, just bland, like oatmeal with no sugar or cinnamon. (and I love oatmeal)

That's the trouble with some of these quizzes, the choices offered. In this quiz the choices were:

Tofu
Mayonnaise
Mushrooms
Fish
Broccoli
Chocolate

Now, my second choice for food I "hate" would have been mayonnaise. I prefer the similar salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip) because mayo is so rich. I will eat it, though, and don't "hate" it. I also love mushrooms, fish and broccoli...and I would probably really love a dish made with all three. As far hating chocolate?

What are you, nuts?

I really can't think of any food I hate.  Oh, I'm not fond of coconut, but love it in Mounds or Almond Joy candy.  What I really don't like is how it works its way in between my teeth.   I'm also not fond of pineapple, but that's because I O.D'd on brandied pineapple as a kid, plus I'm slightly allergic to it. (as I am kiwi fruit, which I used to love to eat.  Now it makes my throat itch, just like pineapple.)

I'll eat just about anything - mountain oysters (bull testicles), snake, even liver and onions.  I've had calamari before that didn't taste good, but I expect that was because it wasn't fresh, ditto for snails.  About the only things I can think of offhand that I bet I wouldn't like are eels and geoduck. Still, I'd certainly try them once. I've never had tongue, but I bet I'd like it. Shoot, I've always wanted to try some brains.(I wouldn't be too enthused if Hannibal Lecter was the cook, though.  I'd be afraid I'd be the next course)

No, I'm not picky. I'll even eat leftovers.

2 comments:

sharintexas said...

Let me know when you are going to eat some brains and I'll get you some fava beans. Oh wait, that was liver wasn't it? LOL!

Mike said...

I bet I wouldn't like brains; in the recipe sites, people always talk about the "creamy" texture to it. Meat shouldn't be creamy, y'know?