Welcome to ToTG!



May 11, 2012

Friday Night TV

I can't believe it!  I get several dozen channels but sometimes there's nothing on that I want to watch.  I'll admit that I'm a little picky about my programs - I don't watch Survivor, Dancing With the Stars or anything like those.  I don't care for many of the popular sitcoms, I don't like talk shows or any politically slanted (either way) discussions.  I get my news off the 'net.

That said, this is a fantastic TV night.  Fantastic that there are some great shows on, but it's causing me a problem with trying to see several programs.  Friday night is Supernatural, a show I try to not miss. I watch the reruns that come on early in the morning. The problem is that Whale Wars: Viking Shores is on at the same time. The good thing is that Whale Wars is coming on again later tonight, so I'll watch it then.

On right now is a two hour episode of Deadliest Catch, another show I love.  Since it's an extra-long episode, it will conflict with Supernatural.   Thank goodness it too repeats later. There are also some great movies on tonight,several I've been wanting to see. One is a Mel Gibson flick, Edge of Darkness. I'll have to miss it, but I'm sure it will be on again. I'd also like to watch Avatar all the way through, but it has been on quite a bit here lately, so I bet they'll air it again, probably several times this weekend. Caddyshack, a movie I've seen at least a dozen times, is coming on in a little bit. I wouldn't mind watching it again, but I would rather watch my other shows. If the other shows weren't coming on, I'd be satisfied with watching reruns of other favorites such as King of the Hill, American Dad!, LockupStorage Wars, Frozen Planet, or Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Great TV night!  Gotta go, Supernatural is coming on in 30 minutes!


Edit to add: I just found out that it's "Sweeps Week". No wonder there are so many good programs and movies on.

2 comments:

sharintexas said...

So many programs--so little time. Do you not have a Tivo or DVR of some kind? It's a good thing they repeat or you would have to make some hard choices! LOL!

Mike said...

I bought a combo dvr/vcr a few years ago, but it wasn't compatible w/ my old TV. Now that I have a new TV, I need to hook it up, but I don't think I have all the necessary cables. I keep forgetting to hook it up and when I have watched a movie, it's been w/ my old basic player (which makes noise when it runs, always did, was a cheapie one)

I guess the cable company offers TIVO or the like, but I can barely afford the top tier cable that I get. One good thing w/ new TV, I get those other channels I didn't get w/ the old one and many are in HD.

Funny thing about those programs - Deadliest Catch was reruns even though the TV guide said "New" and the Whale Wars/Viking Shores showed twice again after that.

Supernatural was good, though. I never thought I'd like that show because I normally don't like that genre (monsters,vampires, etc.) but they're so snarky and it's got a great music soundtrack as well as good plots. I remember trying to watch it when it first came on, but it, like...oh, say...Cheers and Seinfeld...didn't start off all that good.