Welcome to ToTG!



May 14, 2012

Testing

This is just a test.  Do not attempt to adjust the dial. 

Just joking...I'll explain later.

I did not know there was a Blogger page to see the most recently updated blogs.
















I made the post, then kept checking.  I wasn't for sure if I'd get an update without clearing my cache, but it turned out I didn't need to do that;  all I did was keep reloading the page.  Hundreds of entries appeared and I had to use the search feature on my browser to find this post.

I found the link while reading about a conservative blog being closed by Blogger. (which is owned by Google) I'm not sure there's a concerted effort by Google to shut down anything conservative (although I DO think they're in bed with this progressive govt.) but rather the blog was probably marked as spam by readers who were offended by the posts on the blog. 

Who knows?  Either way it's a bad thing; if Google IS censoring a conservative viewpoint, then it should alarm everybody, no matter what their political affiliation.  If the shut down is due to reader complaints, it's not any better - I'd hate to have my blog deleted due to something totally out of my control, with absolutely no recourse or having anyone hear my case. (Google offers no "live support" for Blogger)

I've read several articles lately about how it's much better to have your own domain if you want to host your blog.  I've read some say how to get your own space, then use Blogger as your template.  Seems to me as though that would almost be as dependent upon Blogger as having a free blog w/ their service.

I don't know;  I'm not sure if it's worth the yearly cost of hosting or the fee for buying a domain name and the hassle of renewing it.  Still, it's something I'm thinking of checking into but I'm not convinced that with what little I do with this free service that I would suddenly do more with something I've paid for. I don't know enough about anything to make people want to read what I write and I'm sure that even if I did, I couldn't make a living being a professional blogger.

Still, the idea of being at the mercy of Google/Blogger has me a little uneasy. It's given me a lot to think about.

Stay tuned, will let you know.

No comments: