Welcome to ToTG!



November 28, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

This is what I get when clicking on the official Texas Lottery site:

No wonder, what with the Powerball frenzy that's gripped the nation over the last few days.  The jackpot was originally 450 million but at the time of the drawing had increased to 580 million and it was announced that outlets were selling 100,000 tickets a minute.

Still, the official Powerball website hasn't been overwhelmed.  I usually go to USA Mega when I want results; it seems to always be up and running when the others aren't just after the drawings of huge jackpots.  They also announce both the numbers and results much earlier than does any other lottery site I have bookmarked.

I'm a little sick;  I had purchased a couple of numbers w/ the Powerball/multiplier option, making my total investment in the half-billion+ dollar dream come to six bucks.  As I sat here earlier, I thought I might run down and get another ticket but decided against it.  I get quick picks these days when I play; I used to play a set of numbers but quit when my age became more than the largest possible number available to pick. -sigh- I thought I might play my old numbers and let the machine pick the Powerball.  As I checked my numbers earlier, I saw that four of my numbers would have been chosen for winnings of $200 and much more if I had happened to have chosen the multiplier. 

Oh well.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda, that's my motto.

UPDATE:

Certainly not official, but the webmaster at the USA Mega site says there are at least two winners in two different states. If that's true, then the predicted one billion dollar drawing that WOULD have been Saturday night won't happen. At the present time, the MegaMillions, the Powerball and the Texas Lottery are all "small" jackpots.

No comments: