Welcome to ToTG!



November 16, 2012

#WishMeLuck

Do you do Twitter? I do, but I don't tweet. (a "tweet" is a post, just in case you don't know)  I signed up for an account mainly to follow a few people/organizations, two being Alton Brown and the Dallas Cowboys. I've followed others, but the constant, multiple re-tweets from other followers drive me crazy so I've un-followed nearly everyone else.

I am a huge fan of Alton Brown and his work on The Food Network and his tweets are sometimes funny, sometimes full of snark but usually both.  He often tweets a reply to a question with an uploaded photo of his answer on a sticky note, almost always good for a smile.   I noticed a *"hashtag" #WishMeLuck  on one of his posts and clicked on the link.

*(from the site- Definition: The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet. It was created organically by Twitter users as a way to categorize messages.)

I almost wish I hadn't.  Most were mundane, one of the main reasons I don't follow many on Twitter:

Gonna try to sleep early tonight #wishmeluck

Driving lessons with daddey :) #wishmeluck


(I realize most tweets are done on a phone and typos are frequent, but "daddey" need to give her some spelling lessons)

Some were a little sad, even though I didn't know the people:

Surgery got moved to tomorrow #wishmeluck

Surgery tomorrow #wishmeluck

Got Tommy John surgery tomorrow. #wishmeluck

2 surgeries in 1 tomorrow #wishmeluck


I don't know the demographics of Twitter, but I would wager the service is mostly used by young people because there was a lot of angst about school. With some of these tweets, there's no wonder there's angst.

Looks like I'm winging this exam tomorrow. #WishMeLuck

im gonna actually try to study rn for the first time since like 5th grade #WishMeLuck

Memorizing Romeo & Juliet prologue in one night #WishMeLuck

I find out if I got into UGA tomorrow night... #wishmeluck

Gonna go bomb my chemistry midterm. #wishmeluck

Hopin for the best on these exams lmao #WishMeLuck

Early night, I have an exam tomorrow, #WishMeLuck

One exam tomorrow at 10am then my stresses about science is over!!! .... At least until January #wishmeluck

If I can make it to school tomorrow it will be my 3rd time this year making it a full week #wishmeluck


There were a lot of tweets about jobs, either starting them, applying for or interviewing for them:

Wellll, just sent in my application to be a Flight Attendent #wishmeluck

Got My First Job Interview Tomorrow #WishMeLuck

Bout to go get interviewed at chilies!! #wishmeluck

All ready for my interview!:) #WishMeLuck

applied at Maurice's #wishmeluck

Just turned in my TEC application #wishmeluck


And some were really funny; I think I'd like to know more about them...or maybe I wouldn't:

Teaching mom how to follow people on twitter was hard enough, now she has an Instagram. #wishmeluck

Setting my alarm for 6:40 so I can get up and attempt to look cute tomorrow #wishmeluck

Drinking till my mouth doesn't hurt anymore #wishmeluck

first tattoo #wishmeluck

About to shave my fur off #wishmeluck

Helen is gonna try to shower #wishmeluck


And my personal favorite of the bunch; he sounds desperate, using quite a few hashtags:

Court in the am  #wishmeluck #praying #pleasedropcharges #missmycannabis

4 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Yeah, I am too, but I do not post very much, if at all. On Twitter, the most famous person I follow is Ricky Williams, former RB, Longhorns, Saints, & Dolphins; I tweeted twice last week to enter a contest (Ooh!).
What is your @username, Mike?

@localmalcontent

Mike said...

It's my "real name" mal. I'll start following you and you'll know. Like I said, though, I never tweet...my life just isn't interesting enough. I used to have your name, but have forgotten it. I found you on Facebook once, then deleted the account, then started back up again.

I used to follow a few celebs on Twitter, but like I said, the retweets showing up drove me crazy. I've quit a few because I had no idea of their politics before and wish I hadn't known because they ruined how I thought of them. They're welcome to their views, but I don't have to read them, either.

sharintexas said...

I have a twitter account too Mike, but have just never gotten into tweeting. I don't think anyone would care about me working 12 hours a day and then watching television or reading the rest of my waking hours. I would be a real boring person to follow.

Barb said...

This one made me lol because it would be my daughter ( if i let her on twitter)

"Teaching mom how to follow people on twitter was hard enough, now she has an Instagram. #wishmeluck